Now we all know how men enjoy buying their loved ones underwear but there are a
few things you need to keep in mind! It’s often confusing when you’re faced with
many different styles and sizes - plus it’s rather difficult for you guys to focus
on what your lady would actually wear compared with what you think she should wear
- so we’ve come up with a little guidance. Your loved one will really appreciate
you taking the time to buy her something special that fits so invest some planning
time now to reap the rewards later!
- Remember you’re not buying for a glamour model or porn star! Always
bear in mind her usual style and preferences – generally she won’t be expecting
anything too racy and wouldn’t really appreciate these as gifts for Birthdays/Xmas/Valentines.
We’re not saying never buy saucy underwear but probably she’d quite like to
get involved in choosing these items and wouldn’t really want to receive them
as occasion gifts. Tip: Think about what your lady love will like to wear first and foremost
and then think about what you would like to see her in.
- Try to get the sizing right. All you need to do is take a sneaky look
at the labels on some of her own undies as sizing can be a minefield.
Check a few different brands in her drawers as sizes do vary. It’s best
to be prepared as you don’t want to make any assumptions which may well be taken
the wrong way – e.g. buying her a size 10 when she’s really a size 16 or vice
versa! This is key on the list of how not to look stupid! Even if
you think you know the correct size – check and if you haven’t checked for a
while check again as us ladies are often changing between the sizes. You
could even enlist the help of somebody else if you’re not sure – e.g. daughters/mums/friends
as quite often they will be able to slip the question into conversation without
being too obvious. Plus if you’re caught out looking though her undies
come clean – otherwise you might look a bit weird.
Tip: Getting the size right will earn major (we mean major!) brownie points
- Try to get the style right – there are many different types of bra and pant
styles so whilst rummaging for size have a look at the style too – does she
like padded bras/balcony/strapless/underwired and does she wear briefs/thongs/strings
for instance – check out our category lists for more information on these styles.
Tip: Buy a style she is familiar with and is comfortable in
- What to buy – try to imagine what your partner would like – words like pretty,
feminine, comfy, quality, romantic, sexy come to mind and we love matching sets
so if you like a style then try to buy something for both the bottom half and
top half e.g. matching bra & pants. Colour is important too – look at
her wardrobe to see the sorts of colours she goes for – black, red & white are
OK but also try to look at some other colours she may like and normally wears.
Also don’t just limit yourself to bras for the top – we like camisoles, bustiers
and corset tops too. Tip: Go matching and buy a set
- Choose underwear for the right age group. Tip: don’t buy something too ‘young’ or ‘old’
- Brands – go for quality and well known brands. Tip: Check you’re buying a popular brand and you be off to a good start
- Materials – when choosing underwear feel the material and try to imagine
how comfortable it would be. Lacy bits can be attractive but not if they’re
rough. Silk is excellent and considered to be the ultimate in underwear.
It can be expensive though so satin and other comfortable fabrics will be just
as appreciated. Tip: Feel the fabric
- Help – if in doubt always enlist help rather than choosing anything – lingerie
shop staff are used to dealing with men and will be able to offer invaluable
advice. They will not be embarrassed so you shouldn’t be – discuss your
requirements in store with them or call Julie here at Knicker Knocker Glory
for expert help and suggestions. Tip: If in doubt ask!
- Gift wrapping – always try to ask for the purchases to be gift wrapped as
they generally make a really good job and it saves you the bother too
- Exchanges – check the stores exchange policy just in case
- Finally – pat yourself on the back for doing a good job and await the praise
– you will be rewarded!
Author: Sarah Sykes