The Jacksonville ‘Blue China’ shipwreck location finding of 2005 reminds us of how popular the blue edging of shell edge pottery really was, thought to have sunk in 1854 the ship foundered 70 nautical miles off Jacksonville, Florida, on the USA’s east coast, on board was thousands of pieces mostly blue edged and mostly from Staffordshire set to fulfil consumer habits of middle class America.
The American passion for Blue Edge continues to this day with no apparent fall in popularity the Teaset is central part of this traditional ware just the thing for a teatime tete-a-tete.
Set contents and dimensions: -
- 2x Blue Shell Teacups Height 2 3/4” (7cm)
- 2x Blue Shell Saucer Diameter 6” (15cm)
- 1x Blue Shell Teapot Height 5 ½” (14cm)
- 1x Blue Shell Cream Jug Height 4 1/4" (11cm)
- 1x Blue Shell Sugar Box Height 4 1/4" (11cm)