Organic Coconut Butter
Unlike vegetable oils, Coconut Butter is one of the safest and healthiest cooking oils; it is heat-stable and does not create toxic transfats when heated. Unlike other saturated fats, it doesn’t raise cholesterol levels. This coconut oil has been gently warmed to deodorise, removing the coconut taste and aroma. Used straight from the fridge, it’s excellent for spreading on bread etc. Coconut Butter is rich in medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), an excellent source of energy, and useful as part of a weight management programme. Coconut oil also contains omega 6 and omega 9.
- Coconut oil is rich in medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), which are easily digestible, as they do not need bile to break down.
- MCTs are an excellent source of energy and can even be used as part of weight management programme – dieters and athletes prefer coconut oil for this reason.
- MCTs are made of lauric, caprylic, capric and caproic acids.
- Coconut butter contains 41-56% lauric acid, known also to possess antimicrobial properties, and 3-15% caprylic acid, known also to contain anti-fungal properties.
- Coconut butter contains myristic acid, used in metabolism for the stabilisation of cell protein. It also contains the Omega 6 essential fatty acid linoleic and the Omega 9 Omega acid oleic acid.
Unlike vegetable oils, Coconut butter is one of the safest and healthiest cooking oils, because it is heat-stable and does not create toxic trans-fats when heated. It is perfect for baking, stir-frying, roasting and sauté cooking. As it is specially deodorised, it has all the benefits of coconut oils without the coconut taste and aroma. When used straight from the fridge, it’s a great alternative to buffer and margarine for spreading on bread, toast and crackers.
Organically grown coconut butter
Lauric acid 6615mg, myristic acid 2640mg, monounsaturates 1128mg, polyunsaturates 302mg, linoleic acid 276mg
Use instead of cooking oils, butter or margarine. Or try in biscuits, cakes, muffins, pie-crusts or pancake batter.
No added sugar, salt, soya, wheat, yeast, gluten, maize/corn, lactose, dairy products, artificial preservatives, colours or flavourings.
Always read product information, including warnings, directions and ingredients contained on actual product labels before using. If you have any safety concerns regarding a product contact the manufacturer. WWSM accepts no liability for inaccuracies in information given, or provided by manufacturers, nor for any loss or damage that may arise from use of the information contained within material on this website. Read our full Legal Disclaimer